Today is the start of Q4 2016, time to recalibrate for most of us. No need to wait until January 1st to write down your goals. No need to wait until Monday to start your diet. Let’s get laser focused for Q4 so that we can finish strong or make up for any shortfall we currently have in our 2016 goals.
I believe most people want to be doing better, but most just don’t have a process to get better. This is where leadership comes into play. If you are winning at the great game of business and life, you have a responsibility to help others win too.
Here are my 7 tips on how to recalibrate, refocus and get ready to have a KILLER Q4 2016.
- Start saying “NO” more. Go through your “Deals Working” or “To Do List” and start saying NO to most of it. Winners focus only on “high value activities” and understand that turning low value activities away by simply not accepting them makes a huge difference. I love this quote from Warren Buffett on this. Buffett says, “the difference between successful people and VERY successful people is that VERY successful people say NO a lot more.”
- Work your Acres of Diamonds. Deepen the relationships you have with your previous customers, your network of influencers, and the people who believe and trust in you. Pick up the phone and call each and every one of them and reconnect on a deeper level. Send them something, take them to lunch, write a thank you card, whatever…just start showing them more love and attention and more business and pleasure will come your way.
- Rehash your lost deals. Just because you didn’t do business with someone 6 months ago is not a reason to forget about them. Things change quickly, so make sure to work your lost deals as hard as you work your previously closed deals.
- Focus on “predictable outcomes” Starting new ideas, things or plans is usually not needed to reboot. Most people actually need to focus on PREDICTABILITY. Take a hard look at what has worked for you in the past and simply do more of it. You are not too far gone…you actually know what works, you just got away from it. Focus on repeating the activities that have produced success for you and only do these activities.
- Calendar up. – Commit to NO WHITE SPACE on your calendar. Get your activities scheduled on your calendar, review it for open white space and start filling it up. White space on the calendar is like cancer to success.
- Skill back up. – Who are you listening too, reading or watching? When a reboot is needed, it usually requires help. Go get the help by picking a new book, downloading a new audio program, or just go to YouTube and search for what you are looking for. It’s all there, available to everyone, and YouTube is FREE!
- Visualize the loss – Take a minute to think about what you have lost by not performing at peak. The impact to your health, your family and your pocket book. Now…visualize the impact deep into the future. What will happen if you don’t get this ship back on course. Remember, you don’t need to file bankruptcy to rebuild. If you visualize the impact of filing BK, that can often get you back on track without all of the pain and suffering.
FINAL TIP: DO IT ALL NOW! DON’T WAIT. DON’T OVER PLAN. DON’T STRATEGIES TOO LONG. GET TO DOING TODAY! TIME KILLS ACTION!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Matt Manero is the Founder and President of Commercial Fleet Financing, Inc. (CFF) located in Dallas, TX. CFF is celebrating its 21st year in business and provides financing for commercial fleet vehicles such as box trucks, cargo vans, big rigs, tow trucks, dump trucks and construction equipment. CFF is a 3-time winner of the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Inc. Magazine Top 500/5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America. Matt has helped dozens of employees and thousands of small business owners move closer to the money they deserve. He is the author of, “The Grit”, and his forthcoming book, “I NEED MORE MONEY” will be out in 2017. Learn more at www.cffnationwide.com or call 972.247.8447 phone or on all social media platforms via @Matt Manero. www.mattmanero.com